Friday, September 18, 2009

Books and Blogs

The subject of blogs came up last night at Sally's and I thought we should give it a try. This could be a great way for our group to share thoughts on books we're reading and maybe an occasional recipe. I'm guessing Nancy wouldn't mind getting off the hook on a cookbook -- we can publish those recipes here!

Marde, will you please post the list of books you recommended last night...and I hope the rest of you will do the same, as you hear recommendations or read reviews. Keep us posted on your favorite reads.

I'm just starting "Labor Day" by Joyce Maynard. Sally said she loved it, so I'm looking forward to it. Joyce used to be syndicated in a great column in the Star Tribune, but they cut it when she got divorced. I guess you can't write about family life if you aren't married. That made me mad enough to write letters to the editor. Too bad it was before Anders Gyllenhaal was in that seat.

Leslie, "The Moonflower Vine" was a great pick. Wish you could have been there for the discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment